This October is very special for me – it is Gorgeous Presence’s first birthday (wow!) and my 30th birthday (yikes!). Stay tuned for some special birthday-themed posts this month!
Turning 30 doesn’t scare me, as much as I complain! I am actually really excited about the adventures on my horizon (yes, that even means starting a family!). I am also really proud of how far I have come and the amazing support you have shown for Gorgeous Presence.
Birthdays are also a time of reflection for me – I love to look back at what I have achieved during the year and feel grateful for every success (and challenge). I like to use birthdays as an excuse to implement new habits and try new things. Who says you have to wait until the New Year?
Here are the five things I will be challenging myself to implement this coming year:
1. Meditate every morning for 5-10 minutes // Not only does it focus my attention for the day, but it makes me feel really calm! I love Melissa Ambrosini’s meditations as they go for 10 minutes and you can select a different theme depending on your mood.
2. Drink more water // I want to aim for 2 litres a day – no excuses! I’m planning to use an Ap to remind me as I tend to forget in the rush of the day.
3. Try new forms of yoga and keep up my Bikram practice // There are so many health benefits associated with deep breathing, stretching and calming the mind. I know I feel better after yoga, so I will be making it a priority.
4. Go heavier in my weight training // Dr Libby Weaver advocates weight training as a way to promote the growth of mitochondria in our cells. More mitochondria means more energy! What’s more, I love the feeling of being strong and seeing muscle definition. Strong is the new skinny!
5. Move every single hour at work // Even if it’s for 5 minutes to grab a glass of water (which will help me stick to challenge #1), getting up from my desk will give me more energy. The quickest path to tiredness is sitting on energy for too long – who would have thought?!
I am so excited to get started on these goals! I will share my other five little challenges in the next post…
Have I inspired you to start a new challenge for the month? I would love to hear from you in the comments below! Now is the perfect time to establish positive habits before the silly season begins.
Do you set yourself goals throughout the year or on your birthday? Please share them in the comments below!