Hi! My name is Amanda.
I am on a mission to inspire professional women to be their happiest and healthiest self with practical tips to get organised and take control of their finances. An accountant in the busy corporate world, I know first-hand the challenges women face to prioritise their wellbeing and I am passionate about changing this mindset.
My family and friends know me as a type-A perfectionist, gym-junkie, Bikram yogi, kamikaze netballer, wannabe golfer, health food experimentalist, amateur photographer, Bali lover and Lorna Jane addict.
My ever so patient man is always asking me to sit down and relax without success! I can’t get enough of the Move Nourish Believe philosophy into my daily life.
I wasn’t always like this. Well, not on the outside anyway. I used to be the shy girl with no confidence in myself and my body. I didn’t fully appreciate my worthiness as an individual and as a result, I had difficulty attracting the right people in my life.
But change is constant… and over time I had a series of “ah-ha” moments:
- My sister convinced me to attend a Bikram yoga class. She hated it. I fell in love with the strength, focus and sweat. I started practicing regularly and still do. I can’t live without it. My body functions on a whole different level.
- I read Eckhart Tolle’s “A New Earth”. Along with yoga, this book taught me to kick my inner mean girl ego to the kerb and approach every moment with active presence.
- I swapped cortisol-producing cardio for heavy weights at the gym and with the help of my amazing trainer and friend, I changed my body shape and my confidence has soared.
- I started to experiment with food to find the optimal fuel for my body. Turns out that it is not skim, low-fat or diet. I eat a scrambled egg and bacon wrap for breakfast almost every day and I have never been lighter. Fats, eggs, coconut oil, cacao, kale smoothies and protein bliss balls are my friends!
And only when I started to fall in love with myself did I find my soul mate. My amazing, kind-hearted, sexy husband loves me for who I am (craziness and all!) and has taught me to accept nothing but the very best version of myself. I was so blessed to marry him in 2015!
As a teacher, mentor and geek at heart who is always reading, researching and trying new things, I want to share with you everything I have learnt and am continuing to discover about health, exercise, love and life. But not from the perspective of a health professional, celebrity or supermodel who seemingly has it all. I want to share with you my personal journey and what I am passionate about so that you – a real woman living in this crazy world – can understand and apply it to your very own journey.
This is not about following trends and posting “selfies” on Instagram of my latest health pursuits. I want to share with you the people, things, activities and places that I am passionate about. I want to inspire you to live a gorgeous presence so that you too can shine brightly in everything you do.
Other things you might like to know about me:
- I’m a Libran, an ENFJ (“Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging” Myers Briggs personality type), and an Enneagram Type Two – “The Helper”.
- I live in Cronulla (Southern beaches of Sydney) and I love nothing more than going for walks by the ocean with my man and my parent’s beautiful Dalmatian, Cindy. You will definitely see Cindy featured in my posts!
- I ran a half marathon a few years ago with barely any training, which taught me the power of the mind and the benefits of Pranayama breathing.
- I continue to have trouble sitting still, even when I am tired or sick. I must do more meditation!
- My favourite site for inspiration is Move Nourish Believe. See my inspiration page for additional sites to check out.
- I am surrounded by incredible family and friends who teach me gratitude and that love comes in many forms.
Thank you for visiting my site and supporting me! If I can inspire you to achieve just one small goal in your life, I will be truly honoured.
Here’s to living a Gorgeous Presence!