Last week I had the pleasure of listening to a panel of amazing ladies at Earth Events Radical Self-Love End of Year Party. The panel featured successful blogger and life coach, Rachel MacDonald, who helped me to create Gorgeous Presence through her online course, Bright-Eyed and Blog-Hearted. The other fabulous ladies on the panel were the beautiful Melissa Ambrosini (my go-to for meditations), hilarious Gala Darling (recently featured on Move Nourish Believe), and Julie Parker from Beautiful You Coaching Academy.
Listening to these women speak honestly about self love, intuition and how to succeed in business and life was truly inspiring. I took note of their quotes, tips and advice throughout the evening. Looking back on these words, I really wanted to share with you some of the key things I learnt.
1. You have the power to achieve an amazing life
A key theme throughout the panel discussion was the importance of self love and creating space in your day to focus on yourself. Here are my favourite quotes from the speakers:
- Choose love over fear and resentment at every opportunity. This is especially important in your relationships with partners, family and friends. Learn to be patient with others and don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Create white space in your day to allow your mind and body to rest and reveal its true potential. Schedule this time – it is as important as any meeting in your diary.
- Be still and know that you are exactly where you need to be right now.
- Don’t wait for permission – back yourself. Your story is valuable. You are worthy.
- Do the things that you love every single day.
- Be gentle with yourself above all else – you are a Work In Progress.
2. Let your intuition guide you
Being a panel of health coaches, it was natural that the discussion gravitated towards the importance of using your intuition and the benefits of meditation. I really loved these statements by the panel:
- Find your intuition through creating stillness. Meditation is the best way to achieve this stillness. It doesn’t have to be a seated, closed-eye kinda meditation. Walking in nature, swimming or surfing in the ocean, yoga, cooking or journalling can be your own version of meditation.
- It is not enough to find your intuition – you need to honour your intuition by using it. Intuition is like a muscle – the more you use it the more it will grow in strength.
- Authenticity breeds abundance. Give up being a people pleaser. Let go of your FOMO (fear of missing out). Let your intuition guide you on what decisions you make every day. You do not have to say yes to every single party at Christmas time if you truly don’t want to go!
- Remove yourself from the wicked with compassion and forgiveness. It is the hurt people that hurt other people. There is simply no time and effort for haters and those that put you down.
Focus on what matters most to you –
3. How to create a successful business (and life)
The panel speakers are all amazingly accomplished on an international basis, so I was particularly interested in their advice on creating a successful business. I truly felt inspired by their advice, which focussed on creating value for your customers / community:
- When sharing information, firstly ask yourself – am I coming from the right place? People don’t want to hear you complaining about the smelly person you sat next to on the train, or that your neighbours are keeping you awake at 4am. People want to hear about things that will help them.
- Show people the things that can change their life. Be more helpful. Be more valuable. You have the power to make a difference.
- Under promise and over deliver.
- Always ask yourself the question – what is the one step I can take today to work towards my goal?
- Be fearless and above all, be hungry for success.
Finally, my favourite quote –
I seriously left the party buzzing with the motivation to finish 2014 with a bang and set some awesome goals for 2015. I really hope this post has inspired you to do the same! If you would like to listen to more inspiring (and hilariously honest) words from the party, you can purchase the recording here. There is so much value in the lessons shared by the panel – I highly recommend downloading the recording.
To end, I just wanted to give a shout out to my gorgeous ladies from the Bright-Eyed and Blog-Hearted tribe. We have been supporting each other on Facebook since July, and continue to motivate each other and celebrate success stories since the eight week course concluded. A group of us met for the first time at the party and there was just so much love. I am truly grateful for these ladies.
What will you do to make 2015 a kick-arse year? I would love to hear from you!