I had the pleasure of attending the first Goddess Group session run by the gorgeous Melissa Ambrosini last month. Picture a room lit by beautiful candles, a sage cleansing, powerful meditation followed by an inspirational workshop with 30 other women on a mission to be their best self.
Melissa is a wonderful role model for being your true self and choosing love. It was such an intimate and thought changing experience that I had to share some of the key takeaways with you below.
Lesson One: Adopt a positive mindset in every situation; no matter how ‘bad’ you may perceive it to be:
- How did I show up in this situation?
- What is the lesson for me in this?
- How can I take responsibility for my reactions?
- Be grateful for every situation and know that you have a choice in every moment – love or fear.
Gorgeous action: Keep a gratitude journal and write down three things you are grateful for every day. You can even share those things you are grateful for with your partner / family / friends.
Lesson Two: We have the power to create our lives; therefore we also have the power to change:
- Imagine your life as a blank canvas – what do you want to achieve? How can you start laying the foundations for that life now?
- Your thoughts will attract people and situations – how can you recalibrate your approach to attract the outcomes you want?
- We only have a short time on this earth – make every moment count towards achieving your goals in life.
- Celebrate your uniqueness – you are perfect just the way you are!
Gorgeous action: Flex those self-love muscles by waking up in the morning and saying to yourself “I am awesome!” Do something every day for yourself, even if it is five minutes of meditation or dry body brushing before your shower.
Lesson Three: Give yourself permission to step into your true power as a woman:
- Consciously choose love over fear no matter how hard it feels to overcome that fear and doubt
- Be true to yourself
- Believe that you are worthy beyond measure
- Close the door on your mean girl – don’t let your mind (Ego) plant any seeds of doubt as to what you can achieve.
- Be a leader. Blaze a trail. How can you serve others? Leave a legacy on this world!
Gorgeous action: Let go of the stories and excuses. Sign up to that course or activity you have been putting off. Contribute back to the community by volunteering or mentoring someone that needs help. Lead by example and show others what you can achieve!
Melissa Ambrosini holds weekly Goddess Group sessions in Sydney and the Gold Coast, which you can find the details of here. I can’t wait to attend the next session I signed up for in June! If you can’t make it to a session, don’t stress, as you can access the talks from each session (and more!) in Melissa’s Goddess Group On Demand.
I would love to know if these lessons resonate with you and any tips you have for unleashing your true power!