Cheesecake…yum! Do you love dessert like I do, but feel guilty indulging in cake when you work so hard to be healthy? Well you can have your cake and eat it to with this easy to make raw cheesecake recipe adapted from Lorna Jane’s Clean and Simple Eating Recipe Book. It is totally delicious but won’t leave you feeling sick (and guilty!). Discover how easy it is to create your own healthy cheesecake below.
Ingredients: raw cheesecake base
– 2 cups almond meal
– 10 medjool dates (pitted)
– 1/4 cup cacao powder
– 2 tablespoons raw honey
– 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
Method: raw cheesecake base
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
2. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of a round springform cake tin greased and lined with baking paper.
3. Place in freezer until the filling has been prepared.
Ingredients: raw cheesecake filling
– 2 cups of raw cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours
– 1 cup organic, natural peanut butter
– 1/4 cup organic coconut cream
– 1/4 cup raw honey
– Splash of vanilla essence or powder
– Handful of frozen blueberries
– Cacao nibs (for decorating – optional)
Method: raw cheesecake filling
1. Blend all ingredients, except the blueberries, in a food processor until smooth.
2. Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour mixture over the top of the base and spread evenly.
4. Press extra blueberries and cacao nibs onto the top of the cake for decoration.
5. Set in fridge for 4 hours.
Enjoy on its own or with some cream cheese made from yoghurt!
You can modify the recipe in so many ways by adding different fruits, swapping the peanut butter for a chocolate swirl made with cacao powder and cacao butter. It really is that easy to make a healthy and delicious dessert!
I would love to know what your favourite healthy desserts are to make or if you give the above recipe a go. Leave a comment below!