By popular demand…I wanted to share my delicious bliss ball recipe. Even my hubby loves them! Give them a try over the holidays – you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 cup of raw nuts of your choice – I love to use cashew nuts or almonds
- 1 tray / 10 medjool dates pitted – these are the fresh dates you buy at your local fruit market/store
- 1/2 cup buckwheat buckinis – these little seeds make the bliss balls crunchy
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup goji berries (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (optional!)
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of melted cacao butter or 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil (or half of each)
- Any other ingredients of your choice – you can experiment with maca powder, protein powder, dried fruit, seeds
- Blend the raw nuts in a food processor until they quite finely grounded.
- Add all the other dry ingredients to the food processor and blend until combined.
- Add the dates, peanut butter and melted cacao butter/coconut oil to the food processor and blend until the mixture sticks together.
- Roll into balls using an icecream scoop and freeze / refrigerate. Alternatively, press the mixture into a lined brownie pan and place in fridge until firm before slicing.
- Enjoy! They last in the fridge for a couple of weeks or you can freeze them until the day (if there are any left!).
I would love to know how you go with the recipe and if you have any other favourite ingredients to include!